Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default yield function

I wish to calculate yields using monthly compounding. Excel spreadsheet has
a 'yield' function that allows 1, 2, or 4 compound periods per year (I need
12). I have a custom function written by a friend that calculates yield,
but it too, does not calculate monthly compounding. In fact, it is only
accurate semi-annually and is inaccurate outside of that.

My question is: can I get monthly compounding for the 'yield' or 'price'
function on excel (not necessarily in code), like an add-in?
Or better yet, is there code available (preferably free) that will calculate
yield and price w/ more than 1, 2, and 4 compounding periods? Thank you,
Mike Allen