Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mike allen[_2_] mike allen[_2_] is offline

Default yield function

12 results in "#NUM!" (only 1,2,4 work).
but, i did get 'RATE' to work. do you know if it is usable in code ('YIELD'
and 'PRICE' are not)? i'll look into it. thanks, mike allen

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Or try using RATE where

pv = current price of bond

fv = 100 (maturity value)

pmt = coupon payment.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Have you tried using 12?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mike allen" wrote in message
I wish to calculate yields using monthly compounding. Excel
spreadsheet

has
a 'yield' function that allows 1, 2, or 4 compound periods per year (I

need
12). I have a custom function written by a friend that calculates

yield,
but it too, does not calculate monthly compounding. In fact, it is
only
accurate semi-annually and is inaccurate outside of that.

My question is: can I get monthly compounding for the 'yield' or

'price'
function on excel (not necessarily in code), like an add-in?
Or better yet, is there code available (preferably free) that will

calculate
yield and price w/ more than 1, 2, and 4 compounding periods? Thank

you,
Mike Allen