Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loop through Labels and Text Boxes within module code

I am trying to change Label Captions and Text Box Text in a loop located in
my module. For example I have a form that has 40 labels. I want to change the
text in the first "m" number of labels. At first I was hopeing to use
something like the following

for i = 1 to m
UserForm1."Label" & i.Caption = worksheets("Sheet1").cells(3,i).value
Next i

Excell does not seam to want to consummate "Label" & i to Label1 and
recognize it as a object within UserForm1. At the suggestion of a buddy and
another posting I was hopeing to do it defining a collection of Label objects
with the following code, however the "Set" statement doesn't seam to be valid
for a collection.

Dim Labs() As New Collection

Dim labelcount As Integer
Dim ctl As Control

labelcount = 0
For Each ctl In UserForm1.Controls
If TypeName(ctl) = "Label" Then
labelcount = labelcount + 1
ReDim Preserve Labs(1 To labelcount)
Set Labs(labelcount) = ctl
End If
Next ctl

For i = 1 To m
Labs(i).Caption = "cool"
Next i

I would appreciate any help on the matter, the end less dead ends are
driving me to madness. I'm useing Office 2000 and am upgradeing to Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

Access via the Controls collection, like

UserForm1.Controls("Label" & i).Caption =
worksheets("Sheet1").cells(3,i).value

--

HTH

RP

"Dan Gardner" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks your awsome, I've been pulling my hair out for weeks on this. and now
I feel like an idiot