Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Working with Charts

I replied to my own post, but somehow it doesn't show up, so I'm doing a
second post.

Shortly after my original post I discovered my (many) errors and confusions.
My immediate problem is solved. For the record, the problem with my
original code, which was symmetrical between the two cases of the If, arose
because I used ActiveSheet.Name as the destination in the case of an
embedded chart (xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:= ActiveSheet.Name). That gave a
critical error that crashed the entire app. Trying to resolve it set me on
a completely wrong path. Assigning sheetname earlier in the sub works fine.

tk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

George -

I posted a more detailed solution than this, please have another look in the newsgroup.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services