Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data exchange between a DDE prog and excel

Howdy

I am running a data capture program using a dde server excel and a plc .
when i save the program data stores in the plc to excel using the dde , i
can save them into a folder. When i want to reupload the saved program from
my workbook to the plc the existing program that is held in the plc memory
over writes the saved program in my work book.

When i open the file in the workbook excel displays the following warning

"This workbook contains links to other data sources"
If you update the links, excel will attempt to retrieve the latest
information.
update don't update.

What i want to do is not update the saved data in the workbook but update
the tags in the dde server from my work book.

Tag- =DDEIprogram name!Tag_#

Subpoke

Channel=application.DDEInitate(DDE_ "program name")

setvalue=Worksheets (sheet1) Cells (1,2)
Application. DDEpoke Channel,"Tag_1"value

hope some one can show me the error of my ways.
Leo