Old March 6th 07, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default clicking shortcut opens excel prog, but not highlighted file-why?

After double clicking on an excel file icon in My Computer, the Excel Program
opens, but the file/worksheet does not - just a blank grey screen. To open
the file I have to go through FileOpen in Excel. Is this because of a
problem in Excel or the shortcut?

Old March 6th 07, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then