Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aja Aja is offline

Default how to parse data and move onto one row

How can I get data that looks like this in excel:
A B
1 Able FCU County: Allegany City: Cresaptown

2 Institution: Credit Union Branches: 0 Attn: Real Estate
Owned
Department

3 Charter: Federal Employees: 4 Address: PO Box 5192
4 Fax: 301/729-0977 Cresaptown

Federal Reserve District: 5 MD 21505

To look like this:
A B C
1 ABLE FCU 301/729-0977 PO Box 5192, Crespatown, MD 21505

i.e. how do i get information from various rows and columns to be combined
on one row and take out extraneous words from each selected cell? The file
I'm using has thousands of bank listings and I need to do this operation for
each one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something very similar can be found at
Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...col.htm#dbdata

you should be able to modify that macro to collect all of the data
then simply eliminate the reworked columns that you do not want
and possibly rearrange the columns that are left.

I would suggest you keep the address lines in separate columns
so that you can work with your data with filters, macros,
mail merge.
---
HTH,