Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Simple Inventory Control Programs in Excel

Hi, i work for a small trading company we deal with watches I got 2 ,3
salesmen who do go and show samples of our watch and get orders for them they
carry around 600 pcs with them , I wanted to have a track of
1) The Total no of PCS issued to them
2) When I take back a few pcs from them those models should be deducted from
the balance
3) Then I got to add new models to the list.
4) Then I should also have a report of exsisting stock with them.

Hope someone will help me in making a simple program for that
Regards
Thomas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
The first step is planning it. Determine your input, processing, and
output variables.
Input variables--Those that the user inputs.
Processing variables--Those that are used for calculations.
Output variables--The results that are displayed or placed somewhere.
It is not uncommon for variables to be in more than one category.

The next step in planning is writing an algorithm for each process you
wish to incorporate into your application. This is simply writing a
step by step process of how you will do each process. This will help
you develop the logic and order behind the process.

After this I recommend that you record a macro and perform each step
that you planned out in your above algorithm for that process.

When a specific question then arises, there is a great deal of
information in the help menu's and posts within this news group, if you
get stuck there is a number of people here who will gladly help you in
your development.

Good Luck! Lonnie M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

P.S. the algorithm is best written using pencil and paper...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is each piece identifiable? In otherwords, would you maintain
identification/status information on each piece. Or do you only need to
maintain counts

Salesman1 600 1/1/2004
Salesman2 548 1/1/2004
Salesman1 -10 1/15/2004