Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I am looking for a warehouse inventory control excel format

trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply Kevin,

Yes I tried the download center but did not find what I was looking for,I
tried different template but missing the one.
I am about to do an annual inventory with a lot of different parts and I
wish I can find a software (excel format 2003) that I will update time to
time.

With the option to reenter new stock to add to the old stock witout erasing
the previous one. also with a reorder level and price per item and total
prices....

I know that Access will do better but I know nothing about access,

Do you have some clues???

Thank you in advance.

Eric.

"Eric." wrote:

trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you do have Access there are a number of wizard driven databases that can
be generated with little effort on your part. This includes the tables,
forms and reports. That might be a jump start.

Open Access and select New Database and then select Templates on my computer.

Click the databases tab and select the Inventory Control database and follow
the on-screen instructions.

At some point you could import your existing inventory information into the
database from Exel.

Hope this helps.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Eric." wrote:

trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply Kevin,

Unfortunately no I don't have access.
I have office 2003 SBE

"Eric." wrote:

trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Excel as a database, in a limited way, but you'll have to work
real hard to get it even close to what you're trying to do. It's really a
number cruncher/analysis tool.

Trying to do something such as an inventory system in Excel is kinda' like
training a cat to act like a dog. You would be better off getting a dog in
the first place.

Good luck with your endeavors...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Eric." wrote:

trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 7 Dec, 17:18, Eric. wrote:
trying to find an excel sheet to do an inventory control.
(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price...)
Thank you for your help
Eric.

Eric,

The answer is yes. It all depends how 'flashy' you want it.

If it is a simple project XL will work fine.

If you still need help e-mail me

Matthew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good afternoon Matthew,

Yes I need help, if you read my previous post you will understand what I need.

(unit in stock, unit received, level to reorder, unit price. total price
ect...)
my biggest problem is to create a formula for the unit I receive to add to
my actual stock keeping my last entry.
Plus the stock going out
it's kind of tricky

Thank you for your help.