Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using VBA to run an Internet-based jsp

Hi -

How would I go about using Excel's VBA to (a)log in and then send
instructions to a jsp application which is located on the Internet
where various data files are stored and may be downloaded. Basically,
I need to create some object that can

(a) access the URL for the login,
(b) send the jsp the username / pword
(c) access the URL for the data retrieval
(d) send messages to the jsp to query different reports (four fields)
(e) gain control over and manipulate the csv file that is returned.

Part (e) may be just using the ActiveWorkbook - but I am looking for a
way to begin looking at the other 4 steps or a referral to another
board where there would be pertinent information on how to mimic the
manual processes of logging on, picking tasks from a picklist, then
entering a date range and submitting the format to the jsp application
in order for it to process and return query results in the form of a
csv file.

TIA

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm kind of asking the same questions. But I have made some headway. Try
this page ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...etexplorer.asp

Also, check out the thread named Internet explorer object questions. I hope
that will provide some interesting reading.

ups.com...