Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default create a prompt box to perform a function?

I am trying to have a prompt that comes out that allows users to change a row
of numbers but a percentage that they want or a colum. Meaning right now I
have e-k with rates in it. They want to be able to change the rates without
having to go in on a daily basis and calcuate each rate seperately and then
enter that new rate on the sheet. They want to be prompted to say this row
change by +/- a given percentage. I can not figure out how to get excel to
do this.

I have working on this for days and have come up with no easy solution at
all.

Please help me!

Cathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cathy,

Does this help?

Private Sub Worksheet_selectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim nRate
Dim cell As Range

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Column = 1 Then
With Target
nRate = InputBox("Supply rate")
If nRate < "" Then
If IsNumeric(nRate) Then
For Each cell In Me.Range("E" & .Row).Resize(1,
Me.Cells(.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column - 4)
cell.Value = cell.Value * (1 + nRate)
Next cell
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Cathy" wrote in message
I am trying to have a prompt that comes out that allows users to change a

row
of numbers but a percentage that they want or a colum. Meaning right now

have e-k with rates in it. They want to be able to change the rates

without
having to go in on a daily basis and calcuate each rate seperately and

then
enter that new rate on the sheet. They want to be prompted to say this

row
change by +/- a given percentage. I can not figure out how to get excel

do this.

I have working on this for days and have come up with no easy solution at
all.

Please help me!

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cathy
I think what you are looking for is an InputBox or an entry cell.
Either way would cause Excel to react to do whatever you want it to do.
There are several ways to do what you want
Is this what you have in mind? If you
wish, send me, direct, a small file with a sample of what you have to start
and a sample of what you want to happen, and I'll work up something you can
work with. If you feel your data is proprietary, just make up something.
My email address is . Remove the "Cobia97 from
this address. Include the version of Excel you are using. HTH Otto