Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Installed add-in promts for a massege??

I created excel add-in. Saved file as .xla. Every time on open any
workbook, I get prompt message this:
'Program.xla' should be open as read-only unless you need to save changes to
it. Open as read-only?'
The original file has the same action, but I never got messages before in
..xla files. But, I also have massage alert set to 'false'.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Mona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's an option under the File|saveas dialog.

In xl2002, it's under tools|general Options.
In pre xl2002, it's Tools|options (if I recall correctly)

This is easy to check for workbooks, a little work for addins.

Open excel and open program.xla to allow changes.
hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer

Expand your project so you can see a branch named:
ThisWorkbook
It's under Microsoft Excel Objects
click on ThisWorkbook to select it.

hit F4 to see the properties window
locate "isAddin"
and change it to false

swap back to excel
File|SaveAs
(follow the path to the readonlyrecommended checkbox)

If it's checked, uncheck it and save your workbook as an addin (using that "save
as type" box at the bottom of the file|SaveAs dialog).

And be careful. Excel likes to swap to different folders when you specify
Addin.

--

Dave Peterson