Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Special Character

A particular workbook is protected using a password that I
know. The password is preceded by a special character
...... " << ".

I am instructed that << is produced by holding down the Alt
key, and at the same time keying in 174 on the numeric
keypad, so as to produce the single character <<

However, for me this results in an asterisk ( * ). Any ideas
how to replicate << please?

Regards.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hold down the alt key and enter 0171 from the keypad.

This produced the character described.

If I hold down alt and enter 174 I got that character as well, but if I
examine it with =code(A1), it returns 171 rather than 174.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
A particular workbook is protected using a password that I
know. The password is preceded by a special character