Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HOw to create Excel user

Dear All,
I have an asp.net application in which I create excel sheet in the run time,
the problem that when the application try to create it I have an error that
"the aspnet user" doesn't have the privileges to do that
could any one help me how to give the "aspnet user" the privilege to do
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Marwa,

Not familiar with aspnet, but do you really expect to create privileges that
you don't have on the fly? If that were possible, what would be the point of
having a privilege system?

Go talk to you Windows administrator, and see if you can persuade him/her.

--

HTH

RP

"Marwa Bahaa" wrote in message
Dear All,
I have an asp.net application in which I create excel sheet in the run

time,
the problem that when the application try to create it I have an error

that
"the aspnet user" doesn't have the privileges to do that
could any one help me how to give the "aspnet user" the privilege to do
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it's anything like "classic" ASP then the machine running the server
should have a speial account (typically "IUSR_machinename" in classic ASP)
under which the ASP scripts run.
This is the account you need to modify permissions for.

Tim.