Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Find MAX value with depedency

I want to return the maximum value in a column of data;
"=MAX(Tasks!L5:INDEX(Tasks!L:L,COUNT(Tasks!L:L)+1) )"

However, I am trying to make the value dependant upon it also having a
value of False in Column "Z". Otherwise choose the next value that
meets the criteria.

Any ideas on this one? I'm Stumped

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An easy solution might be to create a third column that pulls out only the
values that match the false criteria such using an if statement then return
the max of the new column. You can put this max function anywhere you want
and hide the new column so that it doesn't show on your worksheet. Let me
know if that helps.