Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Delays

I have built macros with messages and input boxes. What I want to know is is
there a way to build a macro so that it runs to a particular points and stops
-- then I do whatever I need to do for how ever long I need to do it -- then
continue after I tell it to? Or do I have to build two seperate macros.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends what it is you want to do. If you just want to run to a certain
condition, and then break out and run some other VBA, just call the other
macro. If you want to do something on a worksheet, you would probably be
best to build a form and show it modeless so that the user can break out,
but you don't control that.

--

HTH

RP

"Marco" wrote in message
I have built macros with messages and input boxes. What I want to know is

is
there a way to build a macro so that it runs to a particular points and

stops
-- then I do whatever I need to do for how ever long I need to do it --

then
continue after I tell it to? Or do I have to build two seperate macros.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no command to halt a macro and allow you to work free form on the
worksheet, then continue on.

So two macros would be the way to go (probably).

You might look at Chip Pearson's page on Application.OnTime
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

if you only want to allow a set amount of time for the break between the
macros, then this might be a workable approach.

Tom Ogilvy