Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default window size

I am taking an interactive spreadsheet and publishing it on the web. The
problem I am facing is that often my spreadsheets do not always come in one
size and it seems the window in which they are published do. So, how do I
change the size of the publishe interactive window?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary:

If I read your question correctly, you want to influence what the
Internet end-user sees when they display your spreadsheet. You want to
control how it is viewed. You'll need knowledge of the end-user's browser,
the end-user's screen resolution, and the physical characteristics of the
end-user's monitor. You'll need to understand how to communicate with
his/her browser for this information so that you can dynamically alter how
you present your workbook (since you cannot change things at his/her end).
They, you will reconfigure your workbook and transmit it to the end-user.
Your web authoring tool (i.e. MS Front Page or equivalent) should be able to
help you in this regard.

Steve in Ohio

"GaryD" wrote:

I am taking an interactive spreadsheet and publishing it on the web. The
problem I am facing is that often my spreadsheets do not always come in one
size and it seems the window in which they are published do. So, how do I
change the size of the publishe interactive window?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yo Steve in Ohio,
I totally agree. I can not configure the other person's computer, but can I
configure my own default.
After I create the page, I go into dreamweaver and create a page for the
excel to sit in. Dreamweaver will not adjust the actual size of the window. I
can put it anywhere on my screen but I can't adjust the actual size. That is
where I need help. Where in excel can I go and adjust the default size or
adjust the size of a particular interactive window? I have multiple
interactive spreadsheets that cannot all fit in a default size window.
I hope its a little clearer than mud.
Gary from Texas