Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro attached to workbook: to be sent to other users

Using Excel 2003
Have price sheet template. Use a macro to hide unwanted rows.
All my macros stored in/on "personal folder".
As per instructions, have attached a custom toolbar to workbook.
The two macros on this tool bar ( hide rows and unhide all ) work as
intended on my computer.
When I tried to operate price sheet on another computer ( in house )
the tool bar with the two icons is visible, but the icons don't "work".
Some kind of message about missing file or folder.
Is the missing file/folder the actual macro that is missing?
Since all my macros are in "personal"?
I had assumed that "attaching" the toolbar would also somehow take along
a copy of the actual macro. Is this not true?
What have I done wrong? Whats the easiest fix?. The price sheets will be
loaded on each salesmen's lap top and personal office computers, so the
macros must operate effortlessly ( at the clik of an icon ).
Also: Since some of the salesman are using older versions of Excel, should I
save my templates and macros as 95 and then let each users computer upgrade
as it will? What is the oldest version that would be backwards compatible
with 2003?

Thanks in advance.
John F.
--
John F. Scholten
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is part of your personal.xls in your startup. I believe you will have to
put two files on each computer, the tmplate and a personal.xls. Alternative
is make part of the template itself. Compatible is something you will have to
test and I expect you will need a file(s) for each version.