Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom button, code placement

Hi
I have created a custom button which I have placed on the toolbar. The
button converts the text in the selected cells to uppercase.

I saved the macro code in Visual Basic Editor - 'This Workbook' for Book.xlt
I have created in the XLstart folder on my PC (I want the button to be
available in all new workbooks as well as any others I may open).

Every time I create a new workbook, I get the 'This workbook contains
macros' warning because of my button. Does anybody have a decent solution to
this problem? - Either so that the macro warning is bypassed (I appreciate
disabling safety features is not ideal), or so the macro code isn't
specifically stored in a template but in the Excel program itself (as the
other standard toolbar buttons must be).
Thanks for any help
--
---------
Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can drop your security level to one that doesn't alert you to the
presence of macros.

You can certify your code and accept your certificate as a trusted source

You can move your code to an addin and load the addin. (remove your
toolbar/code from the xlt.)

Tom Ogilvy