metrueblood

Default Pivot Table custom column placement

Thanks so much for taking time with my question!
Here's the situation:
I've made a pivot table from a worksheet. My supervisor wants the report to
have the columns ordered in a specific way (not alphabetically) eg. "New",
"Assigned", "Accepted","Rejected", "Implemented". How do i get the field
(column headings) to be in that order? Any help would be very appreciated!
Sincerely,
mary trueblood :-)
William Horton

You will have to create a custom list / sort order. Follow the Excel menu
path Tools / Options and then click on the Custom Lists tab. In the List
Entries section type the values you want in the order you want separated by
commas (you can also import your list if it is long). Choose add when you
are done and then okay to close the dialog box.

Then go to your pivot table and click on any field or field heading of the
column you want sorted and choose Data / Sort from the Excel menu path (Note
that you are not using the field settings option of the pivot table). Then
click the Options button. You can then choose the custom list you created in
the previous step. Click OK to close the dialog boxes.

Hope this gets you started.

Thanks,
Bill Horton