Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command Bar with Number in Name

My app is (unfortunately (for cell reference reasons)) named the A10
Checklist. I've created a menu bar for it which loads fine etc., unless I
try to call the tool/command bar A10 Checklist. if I take out the 10 it
works fine. i.e..

Dim objA10Bar As CommandBar
Set objA10Bar = CommandBars.Add(Name:="A10 Checklist",
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)

the above does not work, whereas

Dim objA10Bar As CommandBar
Set objA10Bar = CommandBars.Add(Name:="A Checklist",
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)

works fine. How can I add a number into the toolbar name?
Thanks
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,

Not what you want to hear, but it loaded fine for (XL2000, XP Pro).

Do you get an error, or just no toolbar (you do make it visible don't
you?).?

--

HTH

RP

"Matt Jensen" wrote in message
My app is (unfortunately (for cell reference reasons)) named the A10
Checklist. I've created a menu bar for it which loads fine etc., unless I
try to call the tool/command bar A10 Checklist. if I take out the 10 it
works fine. i.e..

Dim objA10Bar As CommandBar
Set objA10Bar = CommandBars.Add(Name:="A10 Checklist",
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)

the above does not work, whereas

Dim objA10Bar As CommandBar
Set objA10Bar = CommandBars.Add(Name:="A Checklist",
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)

works fine. How can I add a number into the toolbar name?
Thanks
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm, maybe my method of elimination was incorrect.
I'm on Excel 2002, XP Pro
And yes, I do make it visible
Cheers
Matt

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2002:

Sub AddToolbar()
Dim objA10Bar As CommandBar
On Error Resume Next
CommandBars("A10 Checklist").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Set objA10Bar = CommandBars.Add(Name:="A10 Checklist", _
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)
objA10Bar.Visible = True
End Sub

Worked fine for me.

Tom Ogilvy

[...]