Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make toggling shortcut keys for superscript and subscript?

We all know there are built-in shortcut keys for Font.underline
[CTRL+u], .italic [CTRL+i], .bold [CTRL+b]and corresponding toolbar
buttons in Excel.
They are toggling shortcut keys which even work during typing/editing
in a cell, which is very convenient.
I've been struggling to make such shortcut keys for superscript and
subscript, without success.
Would anyone kindly tell me how?
I am only beginning to learn EXCEL 2000 VBA and ACCESS 2000 VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Excel it is not directly possible.

For exactly same purpose, a couple of year ago I had made an
personal.xls.
The user has to select the cell in which he wants some of the characters
to be super or sub scripted. (But select only a cell not double clilck
it to go in edit mode.)
Then he has to click on a custom button on the tool bar,
a form pops up asking to select the characters and click on
either superscript or subscript and accodrdingly the selected characters
get super or sub scripted.

If you are ineterested I can trace this personal.xls and send to you.
But give me a 2-3 days time for it.

Sharad