Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do i wrap text in a merged cell in excell?

i wish to merge some cells using VBA, add text then wrap the text so the
merged cell will get taller if the text wont fit in it. only the wrapping
isnt working. i have the row height set to auto and it works when the cells
are not merged. it is important that i merge them
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Smithy,

See this macro from Jim Rech
http://tinyurl.com/4c5l6

---
Regards,
Norman

"Smithy" wrote in message
i wish to merge some cells using VBA, add text then wrap the text so the
merged cell will get taller if the text wont fit in it. only the wrapping
isnt working. i have the row height set to auto and it works when the
cells
are not merged. it is important that i merge them

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Smithy,
I played around with this, and you are right auto fit doesn't work :(
I recommend manually adjusting '.RowHeight' based on the length of the
cell's value; I.E. Len(Cell(1,1)).
This will be a bit of trial and error based on the column widths
involved.

HTH, Lonnie