Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default get cell.address question

Hi,

Is there way to reture the address of a cell without an absolute reference?

Ie, I want address in A4:B7 format, and not in $A$4:$B%7 format.

I'm using Office2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub test()
MsgBox Selection.Address
MsgBox Selection.Address(True, False)
MsgBox Selection.Address(False, True)
MsgBox Selection.Address(False, False)
MsgBox Selection.Address(True, True, xlR1C1)
MsgBox Selection.Address(False, False, xlR1C1)
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"augustus" skrev i melding

Is there way to reture the address of a cell without an absolute

reference?

Ie, I want address in A4:B7 format, and not in $A$4:$B%7 format.

I'm using Office2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Augustus

Try
rng.Address(RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)

where rng is your range object.

--

Charles
www.officezealot.com

"augustus" wrote in message

Is there way to reture the address of a cell without an absolute
reference?

Ie, I want address in A4:B7 format, and not in $A$4:$B%7 format.

I'm using Office2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Address method has rowAbsolute and columnAbsolute arguments. For
example, to assign the activecell address to the variable c you would use:

c = Activecell.Address(rowAbsolute:=False, columnAbsolute:=False)

Stan Shoemaker
Palo Alto, CA