Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wrong reference showing up as missing

I created an Excel app using VBA (on Windows 2000) that uses the
Microsoft Common Dialog Control Version 6.0, comdlg32.ocx and had the
user copy it on her machine (also Win2K).

When she opens the spreadsheet and looks at her references, the common
dialog reference points to mscomdlg.twd instead of comdlg32.ocx and it
also says that it (mscomdlg.twd) is MISSING. Any attempt to uncheck
the missing reference resulted in the 'in use, cannot remove' message.
Also, the comdlg32.ocx did not show up on her list of references.

I then had her register the comdlg32.ocx, and redisplay the references
and sure enough it showed up (checked) along with the MISSING
mscomdlg.twd. However, when I clicked on the ok button of the
references window, I got the 'Cannot find library' message.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

There are three things to this. Pure technical problems regarding references
is one. Then
- It is not enough that the ocx is present and registered. External
components usually needs a license to be used in design time in Office,
since VBA isn't compiled. This usually means that the Pc running the
workbook needs a developer application (Office Developer or Visual Studio)
installed.
- comdlg32 adds nothing useful to Excel. She has too few colors, and there
are good built-in hazzle-free methods for Open / SaveAs dialogs.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Vik" skrev i melding
oups.com...