Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing a link to another workbook

I copied a worksheet to another workbook but it appears to have created
link(s) back to the original. How do I get rid of these links?

I did Edit-Links and changed the linked workbook to the current one so it
seems to be detached from the original but the link is still there, even
though it points to the current workbook. So when I open the workbook I still
get a message asking whether I want to update the data.

How do I remove this link?

--- Al.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Solution found: I just needed to find a formula that referenced the 'other'
workbook, then do a search and replace, removing the path to the 'other'
workbook from all formulae.

Maybe this'll help someone else.

--- Al.