Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't find Macro code

I created a spreadsheet that at one time had some macros in it. Then, I
deleted/removed the macro modules via Visual Basic Editor. However, I
still get a warning (that the spreadsheet has macros) when I open the
spreadsheet. I ran the remove hidden name macroprogram.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had already removed the module previously. I'm guessing that there is
still some code somewhere referencing a macro module (even though it has been
deleted). Would there be anything else that would cause Excel to think a
macro exists?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Remove the module and save

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jd17" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet that at one time had some macros in it. Then, I
deleted/removed the macro modules via Visual Basic Editor. However, I
still get a warning (that the spreadsheet has macros) when I open the
spreadsheet. I ran the remove hidden name macroprogram.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

jd

Code can be in the ThisWorkbook module or in a Worksheet module.

You will have to open these individually and EditClear any code snippets you
may find.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:11:03 -0800, "jd17"
wrote:

I had already removed the module previously. I'm guessing that there is
still some code somewhere referencing a macro module (even though it has been
deleted). Would there be anything else that would cause Excel to think a
macro exists?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Remove the module and save

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jd17" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet that at one time had some macros in it. Then, I
deleted/removed the macro modules via Visual Basic Editor. However, I
still get a warning (that the spreadsheet has macros) when I open the
spreadsheet. I ran the remove hidden name macroprogram.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am being frustrated by the same problem. I have a workbook containing 140
sheets that gives me the macro warning message when it is opened. The file
does not contain any VB modules. However, in the VB editor, the Window menu
does list two sheets plus ThisWorkbook as containing code, but opening any of
them in the editor does not show any code. In the left dropdown box, I see
listings for Worksheet and Workbook objects (respectively), and clicking on
these will create either a Worksheet_SelectionChange or a Workbook_Open
procedure. I've created and deleted these a number of times and resaved the
file, but I still can't shake Excel thinking it has macros.

wrote:

I had already removed the module previously. I'm guessing that there is
still some code somewhere referencing a macro module (even though it has been
deleted). Would there be anything else that would cause Excel to think a
macro exists?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Remove the module and save

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jd17" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet that at one time had some macros in it. Then, I
deleted/removed the macro modules via Visual Basic Editor. However, I
still get a warning (that the spreadsheet has macros) when I open the
spreadsheet. I ran the remove hidden name macroprogram.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

rad

Debra Dalgleish has several other things to try.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

Gord

wrote:

I had already removed the module previously. I'm guessing that there is
still some code somewhere referencing a macro module (even though it has been
deleted). Would there be anything else that would cause Excel to think a
macro exists?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Remove the module and save

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jd17" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet that at one time had some macros in it. Then, I
deleted/removed the macro modules via Visual Basic Editor. However, I
still get a warning (that the spreadsheet has macros) when I open the
spreadsheet. I ran the remove hidden name macroprogram.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I followed the link to Chris Pearson's site from this one, and used his
procedure for deleting all VBA code in a project, and it seems to have
worked. Curiously, I did have to reset the AutoFilter buttons I have set in
some column header cells. At least the macro warning message has stopped.
Thanks.

wrote:

I had already removed the module previously. I'm guessing that there is
still some code somewhere referencing a macro module (even though it has been
deleted). Would there be anything else that would cause Excel to think a
macro exists?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Remove the module and save

--