Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP WITH CHART - COMPLEX ONE

1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

QTR-1 421 3252 325 23532 457 435
QTR-2 967 4564 8768 5744 2 45
QTR-3 45745 484 457 6554 857 4325
QTR-4 4574 458 45754 45745 457 74

i HAVE A DATA AS SHOWN ABOVE FORMAT. I WANT TO PLOT A CHART WITH THIS DATA,
MY
X AXIS SHOULD SHOW QTR-1-1999, QTR-2-1999, QTR3-1999, QTR-4-1999, QTR-1-2000
AN SO ON AND
Y AXIS SHOULD SHOW THE AMOUNT.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLOT A CHART WITHOUT CHNAGING ANYTHING ON THE DATA FORMAT.

THANKS,

SHASHI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can achieve this with a pivot chart - it will let you group as
required - the only thing you have to do to your data (first of all) is add
a heading to your QTR column (I chose 'Quarter)! Go to the Data menu,
select your table (choose Pivot Table & Chart). go to the pivot chart
wizard and drag 'Quarter' into the row section, then drag all the 'years'
into the data section. click OK and you should have data in the pivot table
(as long as your data in your spreadsheet is numbers, not text), and you
should have the graph/chart you require on the 'Chart1' tab

hth,

tim