Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default complex chart

Hi!

I have the table below, containing 2 Y-values per X-value, i.e. a minimum
value and a maximum value for every period (X-axis). There are 6 periods.

values from different series can overlap.

What is the best way (graph type) to present this table? I guess some tricks
should be involved.

1975/1980 1981/1985 1986/1990
a 2500 2700 2700 2900 2900 3000
b 2500 2700 2700 3000 2900 3000
c 2500 2700 2700 2900 3000 3200
d 2800 3000 3000 3100 3200 3500
e 2800 3000 3000 3100 3500 3700
f 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3500
g 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3400
h 3000 3200 3300 3500 3500 4000
i 3000 3200 3300 3500 4000 4200
j 3500 3600 3700 3800 4500 4700
k 3300 3500 3500 3600 4300 4700
l 5000 5200 5500 6500
m 0 0 5000 6000 6000 7000
n 3700 3700 3900 4000 4500

hope someone knows an acceptable answer.. Thanks!

tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

That partially clearifies it. What's the significance of the letters down
the leftmost column of your table?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"tom ossieur" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

With respect to the chart, I meant. Are they category labels, or do they
indicate different series of data? I am not sure I understand how you want
the chart to look.

- Jon
-------