Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combination of data out to two worksheets

I have extensive data on two worksheets that should be combined to one sheet.
Is there a function in excel that allows me do this?
The relation between the two sheets could be the name or the name id.

Example:
In one sheet i have for example name and salary data.
In the other i have name, function and job level.
I would like to create a third sheet with name, salary, function and job level.

PS. The number of items and the order of entry are not the same on both worksheets.

Thanks in advance
Reto
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If each entry (name as in your example) are unique, you can use VLOOKUP
to fatch data from the other sheet. Just enter in a cell and dreg down
to the last cell. If an item is not found, vlookup will return error
N/A.
Regards,
Shetty

Exseller wrote:
I have extensive data on two worksheets that should be combined to

one sheet.
Is there a function in excel that allows me do this?
The relation between the two sheets could be the name or the name id.

Example:
In one sheet i have for example name and salary data.
In the other i have name, function and job level.
I would like to create a third sheet with name, salary, function and

job level.

PS. The number of items and the order of entry are not the same on

both worksheets.

Thanks in advance
Reto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes,and no.
Yes when the headers are identicals.
When the headers are not the same in the sheets it returns the only the
values.
In this case: if the salary is only in one sheet, and the number of data in
the 2 sheets are different is better to use this, to have all the rows frrom
both sheets.

Regards
Ferko