Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ferko66 ferko66 is offline

Default Combination of data out to two worksheets

Yes,and no.
Yes when the headers are identicals.
When the headers are not the same in the sheets it returns the only the
values.
In this case: if the salary is only in one sheet, and the number of data in
the 2 sheets are different is better to use this, to have all the rows frrom
both sheets.

Regards
Ferko

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

That really is for summarizing numeric data, isn't it?

Tom Ogilvy

"ferko66" wrote in message
You can try also the Consolidate (Data-consolidate)

"Exseller" a scris:

I have extensive data on two worksheets that should be combined to one

sheet.
Is there a function in excel that allows me do this?
The relation between the two sheets could be the name or the name id.

Example:
In one sheet i have for example name and salary data.
In the other i have name, function and job level.
I would like to create a third sheet with name, salary, function and job

level.

PS. The number of items and the order of entry are not the same on both

worksheets.

Thanks in advance
Reto