Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Books on "how to" program macros in Excel using VBA

I need help in finding a book to help me to learn how to program macros in
Excel using VBA. I'm fairly confident in my ability to write the code I need.
But I BADLY need help in the simple & mundane tasks of creating menus, macro
buttons, custom dialog boxes. I need "hold my hand, draw me a picture,
step-by-step" instructions on -

1.) How do I create a menu that the user will see first thing after
double clicking
to open the sheet?
2.) How do I "attach" the menu to my code so that when the menu choice is
clicked the code will activate?
3.) How do I create macro buttons (proper term?) that will appear on a
sheet?
And how do I "attach" them to my code?
4.) In short any help at all in the reccomendation of books that will
teach me
how to do things of that nature will be sincerely appreciated.

--
Gary
Houston, Texas USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary,

The questions you are asking are somewhat specific, and may not be covered
in any programming book. I would suggest that you get John Walkenbach's
Excel VBA Programming for Dummies ( ISBN: 0-7645-7412-4 ), get familiar with
the concepts and writing macros in general, and then post back with specific
questions. The book will give you a good grounding that will help you
formulate your questions better, and properly understand the advice given.

--

HTH

RP

"bre49nt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For menu creation, take a look at John Walkenbach's MenuMaker:

bre49nt wrote:
[...]

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html