Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need to split a name / last name cell into two different cell.

I have a cell that contains name, last name and middle initial. Is there a
way to automatically split those items into 3 different cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

Data/Text to Columns/Delimited/Space.

To automatically do that, you can record a macro.

In article ,
"casinfo" wrote:

I have a cell that contains name, last name and middle initial. Is there a
way to automatically split those items into 3 different cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the Text To Columns tool on the Data menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"casinfo" wrote in message
I have a cell that contains name, last name and middle initial.
Is there a
way to automatically split those items into 3 different cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

per the response to your first post:

Hi Casinfo,

Look at Data | Text To Columns

---
Regards,
Norman

You may need to split last from the remainder first with comma as the
separator, then split the resulting second column using space as the
separator. Or you could split on space the first time and replace the
comma with nothing.

Tom Ogilvy