Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default exporting to file (switching comma's and points)

Thanks for your quick reply. It didn't work however.
I checked these settings and they are correct. I'm guessing that I should
use a different kind of FileFormat. Unfortunately I can't get hold of a
description of all different formats, so I don't know which one to use.

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
In excel 2002 and later, look in tools = Options under the international
settings tab and make sure the correct settings are reflected - Then try
doing the save. Does this fix it?

Tom Ogilvy

"ties" wrote in message
Hi

I would like to save an excelsheet to a file. I currently use this line:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=outputfile_name,

FileFormat:=xlTextPrinter,
CreateBackup:=False

It works fine, except for the thing that this FileFormat (xlTextPrinter)
doesn't copy the right local settings. In The Netherlands we use a comma
instead of a decimal point. Excel uses these settings correctly, but they
get changed when exporting.

Does anyone know which FileFormat I should use to keep the local settings

or
how to work around this problem?

Regards
Thijs van Bon