pallid

Default Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. -Bad

I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this:
RGB(0, 0, 255)
is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the
quotations. How do I do this?
Bernie Deitrick

Pallid,

Use a macro to create the output. The quotes were put there to prevent the string being broken into
three cells, based on the commas.

Visit

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

for an example of how to export to a text file.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"pallid" wrote in message
I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this:
RGB(0, 0, 255)
is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the
quotations. How do I do this?

Chafosse

Default Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. -

am having trouble exporting .xls files to .txt file format. The recipient
cannot import the data into his database because it contains 'tabs' between
the data fields. I have tried saving the .xls file as 'Unicode text' and
'space separated text' but the tabs still remain. How can I export the file
and be sure that no tabs will be exported too?

"pallid" wrote in message
I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this:
RGB(0, 0, 255)
is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the
quotations. How do I do this?

Bernie Deitrick

Control the output by being very specific about how you code your macro. If
you don't put tabs into the output string, none will appear. Does the
recipient have a file format that he has specified?

Bernie
MS Excel MVP