Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checkbox dilemma- need larger checkboxes

Hello all,

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to search and look for a solution to my
problem. The problem is I have checkboxes in my document. They are too
small. When you click them, they provide a checkmark in them. But when we
print them.. You can barely see the checkmark and well as stated before the
form is too small.

I am wondernig if vba can help me.. or if there is a simpler solution. Can
anyone please give me some hints, suggestions or possible solutions?

Thanks a lot
Lobo from Canada

p.s. i'm not sure as to what category this falls under... but i usually post
in this one hehe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Got it to work, by simulation!
Create a Control Form "Label"
Edit its properties, ie. Font and such. Give it a border... etc.
Add the following code to the sheet that the "simulated checkboxes" are on:
(note that each "check box" needs its own code, so label it properly.

Public blnCheck1 As Boolean

Private Sub Chk1_Click()
Call swapCheck1
End Sub
Private Sub swapCheck1()
blnCheck1 = Not blnCheck1
Chk1.Caption = IIf(blnCheck1, "X", "")
End Sub

----hope that helps anyone who had a similar problem to mine!

"LoboNetwork" wrote:

Hello all,

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to search and look for a solution to my
problem. The problem is I have checkboxes in my document. They are too
small. When you click them, they provide a checkmark in them. But when we
print them.. You can barely see the checkmark and well as stated before the
form is too small.

I am wondernig if vba can help me.. or if there is a simpler solution. Can
anyone please give me some hints, suggestions or possible solutions?

Thanks a lot
Lobo from Canada

p.s. i'm not sure as to what category this falls under... but i usually post
in this one hehe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Any other ways?

Well that is one solution, and I'm sure it works, but it's not something that
I want to run around doing for all my users in all their spreadsheets. Does
Excel not provide a way to resize them?