Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detect if a command bar is enabled in View-Toolbars

Hi Gang,

I have an application that I

1. Check to see if a toobar exists, and if it does, delete it
2. Create the tool Bar.

I would like to check to see if the user has enabled the tool par (i.e.
persist state
and honor on re-start).

So, I can see where my aproach in 1 & 2 is a problem (how can you persist if
you
delete?).

Does anyone have any suggestions. My desire is to:

1. After Wise install (i.e. my .xla file is installed in XLSTART) have the
toolbar
installed and visible.
2. When the user enteres and selected visible (check) or non-visible (uncheck)
persist this for the next time Excel is opened.

Thanks,

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From Help

This example displays the status of the Analysis ToolPak add-in. Note that the string used as the index to the AddIns collection is
the title of the add-in, not the add-in's file name.

If AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True Then
MsgBox "Analysis ToolPak add-in is installed"
Else
MsgBox "Analysis ToolPak add-in is not installed"

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dave" wrote in message ...
Hi Gang,

I have an application that I

1. Check to see if a toobar exists, and if it does, delete it
2. Create the tool Bar.

I would like to check to see if the user has enabled the tool par (i.e.
persist state
and honor on re-start).

So, I can see where my aproach in 1 & 2 is a problem (how can you persist if
you
delete?).

Does anyone have any suggestions. My desire is to:

1. After Wise install (i.e. my .xla file is installed in XLSTART) have the
toolbar
installed and visible.
2. When the user enteres and selected visible (check) or non-visible (uncheck)
persist this for the next time Excel is opened.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron. That's not only way too simple, it's exactly what I was looking
for. I really appreciate your help

:)

Dave