Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toolbars and Command Language

I just bought this laptop from my sister. For some reason only word, excel,
and powerpoint programs are in Spanish. Do I need to purchase a language
pack for this or is there a setting to change it all back to English?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Text from Microsoft Help as below on the subject of default Language settings.

You can change your default settings in Microsoft Office to have them match
the default settings of a different language.

In Microsoft Windows XP, on the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs,
point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click
Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.

In Windows 2000, on the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to
Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft
Office 2003 Language Settings

Click the Enabled Languages tab.
In the Choose the language that defines default behavior in Microsoft Office
applications box, select the language you want, and then click OK.

A message appears describing the effects of the change. To continue, click
Continue and lose customizations.

Does this help?????

Regards
Mike B
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"ramsmig" wrote:

I just bought this laptop from my sister. For some reason only word, excel,
and powerpoint programs are in Spanish. Do I need to purchase a language
pack for this or is there a setting to change it all back to English?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use your start menu to open language settings :

Start - Programs - Microsoft Office - Tools - Language Settings

If you do NOT have a tab for user interface language, or if you click the
tab and can't find an option for English, then you'll have to install the
English language pack (it costs about 30 U.S. dollars), then come back to
this tool to change your interface language to English.