Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Simulating HTML frames inside a Excel application

Howdy folks
I realise there is a few options available for my problem such as creating
my own menu bar or possibly using the 'camera' feature of Excel, but before
I go with that option I wanted to see if my preferred option is a
possibility.

What I'd like to do would be to put a freeze frame in my worksheet below an
area for my "Main Menu" (which may say be 5 standard rows deep), and for the
section below the freeze frame to be able show any worksheet in the workbook
(and I'd use the main menu options to navigate to these different
worksheets).

Can this be achieved? Can it be done by putting a 'split' in the worksheet
or something?
Hopefully my example explains well enough what I want to do
Thanks a lot for any help
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

both Windows=Freeze and Split, work on a single sheet. To get multiple
views into a workbook, select the workbook window (floating windows) and do
Window=New. You can then organize the windows as you wish them to appear.

Tom Ogilvy

"Matt Jensen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom
Is there a way to lock the different windows together and also to
communicate using VBA between them?
Is this a good way to create an application or how would you do it?
Thanks
Matt

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once you arrange the floating windows the way you want them, you can go to
Tools=Protect, protect workbook and select at least the windows option.
That will lock them.

Is that a good way for an application - I would think not, since if opened
on another computer with a different screen resolution I don't believe the
user can adjust the document. I suppose you would put in code in the
workbook open that determines the screen resolution and make appropriate
adjustments.

If I were doing it, I would use the built in way to communicate - use the
menu (modify it if you need to) and a single window.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom
I could also create my own toolbar and use that for workbook navigation and
load the toolbar on workbook open and unload it on workbook close couldn't
I...?
Thanks
Matt