Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DMI DMI is offline

Default Challenging project for you!

I am trying to automate a process. For this I would like to use Excel. I
have a excel workgroup with about 7 spreadsheets. Each week we keep
information on 20 different test variables. Each test is giving a test
result of 1 if it fails. So whatever the fail test a number is given. We do
this per week. Some times there are 4 or 5 weeks per month. I have another
spreadsheet that adds all of the 4 or 5 previous spreadsheets. What we are
doing today is to create an excel workgroup with 7 spreadsheets every month.
What I want to do is to use one excel workgroup with 7 spreadsheet per year
by keeping only the combined totals and reuse the four or five spreadsheets
for all months

Please see example below :

(1) Workgroup JAN
WK1 WK2 WK3 WK4 WK5 TOTAL
V1 1 1 1 3
V2 1 1
V3 1 1

(2) Workgroup FEB
WK1 WK2 WK3 WK4 WK5 TOTAL
V1 1 1 1 1 4
V2 1 1 2
V3 1 1 1 3

JAN FEB
(8) TOTAL TOTAL
V1 3 4
V2 1 2
V3 1 3

I would like to clear all of the information in the Excel workgroup and copy
the TOTAL by month to a new spreadsheet (number 8).

Please if I am not clearly explaining my goal please let me know and I will
try to be more specific. If you have any suggestions on how to accomplish
this I will be very appreciative. Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I scan old newsgroup postings that do not have responses, trying to
determine why no one bothered to react to your initial inquiry of 11/30/04.
Your posting might have been bypassed for one or more of the following
reasons: (a) it is too vague, (b) it requires somewhat more than a simple,
direct response, (c) you are looking for someone to devise a total solution
to your problem, (d) your question will require extensive research, or (e)
you are pushing the envelope of the general, technical knowledge of those who
view the Newsgroup's postings.
If your problem hasn't yet been resolved, you can try posting it again
with new phrasing and one of us will take a fresh look at it. On your
original posting, you should click the YES or NO buttons to close out that
entry on the system.

Steve in Ohio