Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KD KD is offline

Default How to make a macro available to all the workbooks?

Hi All,

I am a newbie with repect to working on excel macros.

I have succeeded in recording a macro and stored it in 'Personal Macro
Workbook' as indicated by the excel help to make it available to all
workbooks.

When I open a new workbook however, the macro is not shown in the available
macros list and so I am not able to execute it!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
kd.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should save the file as Personal.xls in to
XLSTART folder.

For Windows XP the location of the XLSTART folder is as under:
C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART.

Save Personal.xls in this folder and Cloes Excel.
Start excel again. It will automatically open File Personal.xls. In
Personal.xls file, Click on menu 'Window' and select 'Hide'. Personal.xls
will then be hidden. Close excel, it will prompt for saving Personal.xls
Click on Yes.
Next time you start Excel, Personal.xls is opened but is Hidden. On any
other workbook you can use macros in Personal.xls as long as someone does
not unhide and close Personal.xls.

Sharad