Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Apply a formula to every numerical value in a selection/workbook.

I have several very large workbooks and I need to convert every numbe
in the workbooks to a certain number of significant digits. I hav
already made a user defined formula to round any number to a set numbe
of significant digits. Now I am searching for a convenient way to appl
this formula to every value in either a sheet or an entire workbook o
possibly just a selected range of values without altering the text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank

--
chusker1
chusker15's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1684

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might consider usi
--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel
ng ToolsOptionsCalculation, Precision as displayed

"chusker15" wrote in message

I have several very large workbooks and I need to convert every number
in the workbooks to a certain number of significant digits. I have
already made a user defined formula to round any number to a set number
of significant digits. Now I am searching for a convenient way to apply
this formula to every value in either a sheet or an entire workbook or
possibly just a selected range of values without altering the text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
chusker15
chusker15's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry. I meant:

You might consider using

ToolsOptionsCalculation, Precision as displayed

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
You might consider usi
--

"chusker15" wrote in message

I have several very large workbooks and I need to convert every number
in the workbooks to a certain number of significant digits. I have
already made a user defined formula to round any number to a set number
of significant digits. Now I am searching for a convenient way to apply
this formula to every value in either a sheet or an entire workbook or
possibly just a selected range of values without altering the text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
chusker15
chusker15's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Against the selection:

Option Explicit
Sub testme2()

Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

Set myRng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myRng = Selection.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers)
On Error GoTo 0

If myRng Is Nothing Then
'no numbers
Exit Sub