Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default For guru's: textbox printing problems

I posed a problem with a text box getting cutoff on the right-hand side.

I've finally figured it out, and since I didn't get any replies to my
post, I'm thinking that there weren't many ideas on what was happening.

The problem turned out to be with the cells underneath the text box.
Maybe the fact that the spreadsheet has evolved over time contributed to
the problem.

The cells underneath the text box we setup to be merged and text wrap.
These cells were originally used to display messages, but were replace
with a text box. Eventually a scroll-bar was added to the text box.
Finally, the print area was set to include the merged cells.

Under this scenario, when printing the spreadsheet, the right-hand side
of the text box is cut off!! Maybe as a clue that the merged cells
underneath are part of the print area??

Anyway, I was able to resolve the printing problem by removing merge and
wrap from the cells, setting them back to lock, selecting the text box
in design mode to change the size of the text box. This seemed to be
necessary to get excel to properly print the text box.

Hope this may help someone some day.

Terry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry,

What version of XL were you working in? I'm having the same problem in
XL97, but XL02 and XP seem to print the text box values just fine.

Thanks!