Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default stop calculation on workboook open

Greetings and TIA for your help.
I was hoping to do this with the code below but my workbook still
recalculates when opening, if another workbook (already open) was set to
automatic calculation.
Please advise

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think your workbook is open with the existing calculation setting before it
excel gets to your code.

You could either change the setting manually, then open your workbook

or

create a dummy workbook that changes the setting, opens your workbook and closes
itself. Then use that dummy workbook to open your workbook--don't open your
workbook directly.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
workbooks.open(filename:="C:\myworkbook.xls")
thisworkbook.close savechanges:=true
End Sub

Save this once before you run it, or you'll have to type it in again!

David wrote:

Greetings and TIA for your help.
I was hoping to do this with the code below but my workbook still
recalculates when opening, if another workbook (already open) was set to
automatic calculation.
Please advise

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
David