Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default does Excel have memory limit of data Array?

Hi everyone,
Now I writting a VBA function in Excel, firstly I use ADO to read the
data in table into data array in Memory.
I found in some case the function is running will, some case the
function go to deadlock. I check the situation in case deadlock, I found I
read a huge data into data array, then the function run very slow and go to
dead lock.
anyone know whether MS has memory restriction of data array? if so, do
I need control the data size which need read into array??

thanks in advance :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"miao jie" wrote ...

I use ADO to read the
data in table into data array in Memory.

Is it useful to have 100K+ elements in memory? Why not operate on the
table using SQL e.g. use a WHERE clause to return only the rows you
require. Post more details of what you are using the array for, you
may be taking the wrong approach.

Jamie.