Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Labeling plots!

Hello all,

I am Arun and I work for Vtec corp.
I have a certain S-N curve (stress levels Vs Number of cycles t
failure) plotted in Excel. Was wondering if there would be a way t
label each stress level in the plot or not? (For eg, if we have th
cycles data at a stress level say 35 ksi, plotted in Excel, could w
show/print s=37 right above/next to the plot so that the end user wil
know the stress level the plot correspnds to?)?

Thanks in adance guys.
Regds,
...................Arun

--
aiye
aiyer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=607

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Arun
It might be more useful to give us some of the data and see if a graph can
be created which meets your needs. If it is confidentail, then just just
fudge it up some. Generally labeling data is not to difficult. You can even
put a table below the data for visual inspection.

"aiyer" wrote:

Hello all,

I am Arun and I work for Vtec corp.
I have a certain S-N curve (stress levels Vs Number of cycles to
failure) plotted in Excel. Was wondering if there would be a way to
label each stress level in the plot or not? (For eg, if we have the
cycles data at a stress level say 35 ksi, plotted in Excel, could we
show/print s=37 right above/next to the plot so that the end user will
know the stress level the plot correspnds to?)?

Thanks in adance guys.
Regds,
...................Arun.

--
aiyer
aiyer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6070
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=319902

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi David:

Thanks for the mail.
Consider the following example for a X-Y scatter plot.

X Y

5 25
100 25
800 25
5000 25
10000 25

We should get a straight line parallel to X axis. But these data wer
casptured say at a stress level of s= 300. So right above/below th
straight line we get, I would like to show 'stress=300', so that en
user will know what stress the plot corresponds to.

Hope this helps.
Look forward to your reply,
Happy thanksgiving.

Regds,