Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem in removing add-in

Hi All,
In my add-in file, I have called certain functions for initialization
in class_initialize. Now problem is that when I try to remove this
add-in(Tools-Add-in-UnCheck my add-in and Press OK), it again calls
this class_initialize funtion and on top of it, the add-in file ( xla
file) is still present in project list of VB Editor.

Can anyone help me out with this? How to remove add-in properly so
that it does not call class_initialize and also it gets removed from
project list in VB Projects list.

Thanx in advance

Bhagwandas Paliwal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bhagwandas,

after the workbook opens, press Alt-F11 to bring up the VBA editor, and
then Ctl-R to bring up the Project Explorer window pane.

Highlight the .xla under projects, right-click and choose remove. Then
look at the workbook open code to make sure it is not called by any
function call.

There may also be a standard module with some function declarations
belonging to it, so it would be best to remove those function
declarations as well.

If the .xla remove is grayed out, then that means you would have to
uninstall the add-in from the windows control panel.

Regards,

Gerald Roddau

--
grcs
grcs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16731

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

just place it in another location on your harddisk, then you will be able to
remove it.

Jos Vens

"Bhagwandas" schreef in bericht
om...
Hi All,
In my add-in file, I have called certain functions for initialization
in class_initialize. Now problem is that when I try to remove this
add-in(Tools-Add-in-UnCheck my add-in and Press OK), it again calls
this class_initialize funtion and on top of it, the add-in file ( xla
file) is still present in project list of VB Editor.

Can anyone help me out with this? How to remove add-in properly so
that it does not call class_initialize and also it gets removed from
project list in VB Projects list.

Thanx in advance

Bhagwandas Paliwal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All,
Thank you for suggesting solutions. I have got my problem solved.
What actually happening was that when I uninstall Add-In, I was not
handling WorkBookAddInUninstall event so in that event I was not
taking care of removing toolbars and menu items added by my xla file.

And there was one more problem related to timer:
A timer was running to trigger a function in my xla and so even after
removing Add-in that timer was opening xla file and running it again.
So in uninstall event, I stopped the timer. Now it is working fine.

Bhagwandas