Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Naming a Tab

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to name a tab from a cell reference in a
worksheet.

I am developing a Excel spreadsheet to hold details of projects, each
project has a separate tab. I would like the tab to automatically rename
itself from the cell that the project number is typed into.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
in VBA with
with activesheet
..name=.range("A1").value
end with

"Phil12345678910" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to name a tab from a cell reference in a
worksheet.

I am developing a Excel spreadsheet to hold details of projects, each
project has a separate tab. I would like the tab to automatically rename
itself from the cell that the project number is typed into.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have the same question but just want to link one worksheet tab name
automatically to a cell in the worksheet. Change the cell and the tab name
on the worksheet changes€¦ can you help with the VBA code for that? Many
Thanks€¦.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in VBA with
with activesheet
.name=.range("A1").value
end with

"Phil12345678910" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to name a tab from a cell reference in a
worksheet.

I am developing a Excel spreadsheet to hold details of projects, each
project has a separate tab. I would like the tab to automatically rename
itself from the cell that the project number is typed into.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$H$1" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Husker87" wrote in message
I have the same question but just want to link one worksheet tab name
automatically to a cell in the worksheet. Change the cell and the tab

name
on the worksheet changes. can you help with the VBA code for that? Many
Thanks..

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in VBA with