Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activecell.value or value2?

I am using office xp with win200 pro.
I am confused with the property bvalue of a activecell.
There is a value as well as value2.
May I know which is better and what is the difference
between both?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Value2 Property
Returns or sets the cell value. Read/write Variant.

Remarks
The only difference between this property and the Value property i
that the Value2 property doesnt use the Currency and Date data types
You can return values formatted with these data types as floating-poin
numbers by using the Double data type.

Example
This example uses the Value2 property to add the values of two cells.

Range("a1").Value2 = Range("b1").Value2 + Range("c1").Value

--
S@
S@S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1606

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only difference between Value2 property and the Value property is that
the Value2 property doesn't use the Currency and Date data types. A few less
Bytes needed to hold the value in a variable.