Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Write in the spreadsheet having a form open

Hi everybody,
How can I write in the spreadsheet having a form open? I can not us
the ShowModal property.
Thanks in advance.
Lidma

--
lidma
lidmat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1665

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"lidmat" skrev i melding

How can I write in the spreadsheet having a form open? I can not use
the ShowModal property.

Hi Lidmat.
You're out of luck then. Why can't you use the modal property ?

HTH. Best wishes Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Harald!!!
If I put the ShowModal property to False the form doesn’t stay on th
screen, it continues with the next line of code, for example:
I have two forms the first one has a button that calls the second one
which has the ShowModal property equal to False and has another butto
to come back to the first form, when a form is open it stays on th
screen until you do something but in this case not it comes back to th
procedure where it was called and continue with the next line.

--I open the first form and I press the button that calls the secon
one
Private Sub Introducedatamanually_Click()
UserForm1.Hide
UserForm2.Show //it jumps to the next line without waiting for th
instruction
MsgBox ("Hello") //to come back that is written in the second use
form
Unload UserForm2
End Sub

--After enter the date I want to coma back to the first form
Private Sub Comeback_Click()
Unload Me
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Thanks
Lidma

--
lidma
lidmat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1665
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31927

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"lidmat" skrev i melding

Hi Harald!!!
If I put the ShowModal property to False the form doesn't stay on the
screen, it continues with the next line of code, for example:

Gotcha. Well, the "next line" of code should not be below in a long list of
chronological order, but a separate form2 sub ran when something on form 2
happens and is validated OK. This is not easy, but instead of a long list of
happenings, you need several small userform procedures telling the next form
what to do and maybe also passing along what has been done already.

Apologies for being so general. But you're almost there, so give it another
try.

Best wishes Harald